Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Embracing a Work In Progress

Hello, it's me...

I'm an ongoing learner, plain and simple. This past school year presented so many opportunities for me to grow alongside my colleagues (which I hope to elaborate further on in future posts).  This isn't to say we didn't have our fair share of highs and some lows, but we grew and most importantly, we grew together!


To say I've been on a blogging hiatus is an understatement.  At first glance, it appears I've been absent from my blog for some time,  but this isn't to say that my learning stopped. This isn't to say that there aren't several posts still currently in DRAFT mode from months ago as well as new ideas currently swirling just waiting for the green light to post. This isn't to say that my learning will cease to continue moving forward. What it is saying is that I'm ready to dust off the keyboard and get back into business with new goals and aspirations for both my colleagues and myself as we continue our growth together.

Some background...

Simply stated, I like to write.  OK, actually I LOVE to write! While I was in the classroom, my students used blogging as a means of connecting their writing with an authentic audience, but it also gave them a sense of empowerment and purpose within their writing. It amazed me to watch excitement flourish as each student found their writing voice.

After stepping into my role as an instructional coach, that same excitement that I had seen in my students led me to seeking my own writing voice.  For me, blogging has served as a means of reflection as an educator but over time, has also served as a possibility of instilling empowerment and inspiration to others.  My goal and my "why" is that I use one of my passions to not only provide insights into instructional coaching, but to also inspire others to see themselves as ongoing learners who can always grow.

In what ways do you embrace being a work in progress?


No comments:

Post a Comment