Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Day 15: Seeing Blue...Literally-#SOL17

Walking toward our school gym, I could already hear the thumping of music and loud laughter.  As I walked through the gym doors, I suddenly found myself in the midst of a 700+ dance party taking the form of our students and staff.  You didn't have to tell me twice to join in on the fun.  I love interacting with our students-they bring out such a youthful and infectious energy.


You see, our school community was visited today by none other than...BLUE! Blue is the mascot for the Indianapolis Colts.  The dance party I found myself in was all about getting students and staff hyped up for Blue's arrival.  Blue's program centered around the message of, "Be The Best You Can Be"-great motto! It was light-hearted, entertaining, and even some of our students and staff became live participants.  These are the opportunities we are so fortunate to provide for our students.  Seeing all the smiling and laughter was good for the soul and just what was needed to end a Wednesday afternoon.





5 comments:

  1. Love your descriptions....It sounds like a fun time! ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool thing for the students at your school. I felt like I was dancing next to you. I hope your students loved their time with Blue! It sure looks like they did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to end Wednesday! Looks like so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dance Party! What a great message to give to kids and presented in a way that they will remember for a long time!

    ReplyDelete