Sunday, March 26, 2017

Day 26: My One Word-#SOL17


Have you heard of the one word movement?  The thought process being that you focus on one single word to drive your year ahead.  (Check out #oneword2017 for more examples).  Often, my one word will present itself naturally, because I will find myself coming back to the same word repeatedly. Last year, while I never officially announced it, my 2016 word was blessed.   In both my personal and professional life, I found the daily blessings and focused on them intently.

Earlier this year, I took some time to reflect and create a list of 2017 word possibilities.  I had quite the extensive list on my phone, and gradually, I narrowed them down. Oddly enough, my one word seemed to once again naturally present itself, seeming to jump out and say, "DO YOU SEE ME YET?!"



My 2017 word is gratitude.  All throughout my previous blog posts, you will see a common theme with my referencing of leading with a grateful heart.  Did I plan it like this? No, but this one word seems to be really resonating with me this year.  When we have a heart full of gratitude, there's no limit on our joy.  There is always something to be grateful for in our daily lives.  Even on my most challenging of days, I come back to my word of gratitude and see the snippits of good on a not so good day.  Gratitude is my driver this year, and I'm the grateful passenger who is along for the ride.


As you enter into your day, your month, or even the remainder of the year, what will your one word be that drives you? It's never too late to decide.  You just have to be a willing passenger. 





9 comments:

  1. I believe in the power of gratitude -- and I'm so glad you posted about this today - it is something that I have let slide away from me... I need to get back on the gratitude train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so interesting to me how when you started to think intentionally about the word you want to focus on it jumped out at you. Gratitude is a wonderful word that warms my heart. I've done this with my students and it always amazes me how the words they choose are exactly what they need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your word. My own OLW this year is HOPE. I've had a tough couple of years with lots of painful losses and sadness; yet, I've also become the grammy to 3 miracles and am writing a new chapter of my life. So I am trying to fill my days with hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! I need to think of a word for my year now...hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your words and how you described your choice. My 2017 word is RISE. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a firm believer/participant in OLW.
    I've found a great deal of encouragement and challenge in hearing others OLW story.
    My word for 2017 is Present.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your Slice and appreciated the graphics you included.
    Practicing gratitude is powerful.

    https://wordsmithing2017.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/a-six-word-memoir-with-an-esoteric-slant/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reminder to always find something to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OLW is something that I am challenging myself to do next year. What a great way to remind yourself (not just as a writer) that there is so much to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete