Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Day 13: On the Road to a New Habit #SOL18

Often times, we strive to break bad habits. We have a desire to quit doing something unfavorable because we want to be better or see improvement.  However, what does it mean to build new habits that lead us toward positive change?



Writing has always been a habit that I enjoy, yet I find myself sifting through writing waves like a roller coaster.  Some months, I feel like I'm on my A-game and knock out several blog posts. Other months, I find myself in a writing rut. The desire is there, but the balance and prioritizing of time is nonexistent.  Suddenly, my good habit becomes a habit that I have break in order to get back to it.

Via Twitter- David Kusek


The Slice of Life Challenge always finds me viewing my writing in an upswing.  The challenge of writing for a month straight always seems initially far-fetched, yet having completed it last year, I know it's possible and was an effort toward a new habit of writing more consistently. Here, I find myself again, ready to tackle this month long challenge.  Each day, I'm finding that I look forward to sitting down in front of the computer and writing my daily post.  Even on the crazy busy days, I somehow find the time to write, even if it's just fifteen minutes.  I have made it a priority and am making a conscious effort to make the time I need.  I'm determined to continue this writing habit. While it may not be daily after this month, I'm on the road to building a new habit...again. :) 






3 comments:

  1. I've been writing in the challenge for 8 years. And I was pretty consistent for most of that time. But then, I "paused" for a while. I joined the #TeachWrite tribe in January and start writing most every day. Coming back this year to slicing has me excited for writing again. Reading your post was good for me, knowing that others sometimes struggle with the writing habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping this SOL challenge helps me with my writing habit too. I find myself in the same place as you are with my writing being on point sometimes and others it goes flat. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this post and also the rest of the site is really good.

    ReplyDelete