Friday, March 30, 2018

Day 30: Slow #SOL18

When I went to pick my one word for the 2018 year, I went back and forth for some time as I decided what that word should be for myself. When I ended on “slow”, I knew this word would keep me grounded, yet also provide challenge. Slow gives us the grace to pause and take in the small moments all around us. I tend to go, go, go; however, slow gives that reminder to pump the brakes every once in awhile. This spring break has meant revisiting my word of slow. Everything is slowed when you are on vacation. I’ve read lots, played with my kiddos, and spent dual time between the beach and pool. It’s been nice to just embrace slow. I need these gentle nudges as I continue to balance moments of slow in a world full of busy.



3 comments:

  1. >however, slow gives that reminder to pump the brakes every once in awhile<

    I love this phrase that most of us can relate to! It's so true that we need to find that time just be, to find that balance we need. And no, I've certainly not found it myself, but if I do, I will write about it here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked just the perfect word.

    Too often, we rush through the day, through life. Your choice to slow down and enjoy the life is going to reap the rewards not just for you but for everyone you coach.

    Best wishes.

    Purviben
    http://trivediziemba.edublogs.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about my OLW today too. I love the rhythm and pacing of this slice which feels slow and intentional.

    ReplyDelete