Monday, March 19, 2018

Day 19 : Tag You're It #SOL18

Tag, you're it. I get this text or voicemail often from one of my closest friends who lives out of state.  If it's not that, it may be the random, middle of the day meme or quote that makes me laugh. We've been through so much the last eighteen years to the point where we truly "get" each other.  Between the two of us, we have seven darling, yet active children that keep both of us on the go (as I'm sure you can imagine).  If I'm in the car, I'll call her.  If she's in the car, she'll call me.  More often than not, we usually end up playing a classic game of phone tag.  Our voicemails and texts can get pretty creative depending on how long it takes one of us to pick up.  You can usually hear a child or two in the background as we give the latest updates of our day to the silence of the voicemail.



This evening, as I drove in the car, I dialed that familiar number and my day was made as I heard my friend's voice on the other end. We don't miss a beat as we continue to talk through the normal evening busyness. We say our goodbyes as she's off to take her oldest to hockey practice and dinner preparations are needed in our household, yet next time we will pick up right where we left off. Tag, you're it. 


3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love friends like this. It’s so nice to know through all of the busyness she is still there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love friends like this. It’s so nice to know through all of the busyness she is still there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your line, "...as we give the latest updates of our day to the silence of the voicemail." Great juxtaposition!

    ReplyDelete