Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Day 7: Perfectly Imperfect #SOL18

As I gazed at the snowflakes falling from the sky today (yes, I mentioned snow in March - yikes!), I noticed a few that landed on my coat sleeve. These snowflakes looked much different than the one I caught on my glove earlier this winter.


Some flakes fell in clumps, while others were single flakes that melted on impact. I could barely make out shapes of each individual snowflake, yet each snowflake held its own sense of uniqueness, even if not visible to the naked eye. It made me think about the idea of how each of us are perfectly imperfect.  Some days, we may feel like we are lumped together with the rest of the world, whereas other days we feel singled out and alone.  Some days, we may even feel like that lone, special snowflake that has it all together, yet regardless, we remain perfectly imperfect.
Being perfectly imperfect means making mistakes.  It means living through failure.  I make mistakes on a daily basis. I am a perfectly imperfect mom, wife, friend, and educator.  However, being perfectly imperfect also brings a heightened sense of self-awareness and an even bigger need to continue to be vulnerable through imperfection.  It makes us who we are, and each of us is unique.  


So while the snowflakes continue to fall from the sky, I will choose to see the calmness and beauty these flakes bring, perfectly imperfect and all. 



1 comment:

  1. I am definitely perfectly imperfect in every way. Thank you for bringing this thought to me!

    ReplyDelete