Saturday, March 17, 2018

Day 17: Creativity One Leprechaun at a Time #SOL18

The childhood innocence of creativity is something I wish we continued to foster and sustain into adulthood.  To adults, St. Patrick's Day means a myriad of things (depending on your social preferences), yet to children, it means gold, rainbows, and leprechauns. Add a sprinkle of creativity, and this day becomes a favorite among the ranks of holiday fun.


This morning, as I slept, my children had something up their sleeves.  I had planned a breakfast of Lucky Charms and green milk, but that's about as creative as this momma was getting this year.  Little to my knowledge, my children were fostering their creativity one leprechaun at a time. As I walked downstairs in search of my coffee cup, I looked down and noticed individual toilet paper squares on the stairs left like bread crumbs. Walking into the kitchen, my children greeted me with excitement about the leprechaun visiting. I glanced at my husband who was looking back at me as if this was my doing. Nope!  I was guided to a note taped to the microwave. Still nothing to do with me.  My children proceeded to share about how the house was covered in toilet paper from that silly leprechaun. At this point, a straight face was harder to keep as I listened intently.


So while St. Patrick's Day can mean lots of things to lots of people, I know my children were immersed in a morning filled with creativity, leprechauns,...and toilet paper clean up crew. (And no, it truly wasn't me).



Happy St. Patrick's Day!! 


5 comments:

  1. So fun! I love the magic of childhood! Somehow, this year my kids didn't remember to bug me about making leprechaun traps... I enjoyed the quieter day... but kinda miss the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So loved reading about your children's creativity and the pure fun and excitement they had doing it. Well done for nurturing their imaginations and intriguing way of pursuing their goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many great memories of leprechaun "visits" or my brother setting traps for them. Lucky Charms were definitely involved too. Kids are so clever. Thanks for sharing this sweet example of childhood creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative your children were. It is so difficult to understand why we squash childhood creativity in school with regimented learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children were creative and hilarious! I just had to read your slice after seeing your snippet of description. I had never equated leprechauns with toilet paper before. 😀 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete