Friday, March 2, 2018

Day 2: She's a Goal Setter #SOL18

My nine-year-old amazes me. This week alone, she has shown me how much self-motivation can drive even a child forward in their growth. She knows what she wants, what action needs to be taken, and goes for it. She is a goal setter. As adults, we set goals all the time, yet what does this mean for our children?


Name it, plan it, do it. My daughter is a competitive gymnast and has been preparing for the upcoming state meet. She has been taking corrections from her coaches all season and has seen continued growth in her skills as a result. What floored me was when she walked up to me the other morning, handed me a piece of paper, and asked me to laminate it for her. I looked down, and lo and behold, written at the top in bold, black letters...State Goals. Wow. My nine-year-old named it, planned it, and is ready to do it. She is a goal setter.



Goals motivate, push, challenge, and inspire us to be better than we were the day before. Goals drive us to action and to take charge of our own learning. Whether you are two or ninety-two, we can all have goals.  Only time will tell whether or not my daughter reaches her state goals, yet regardless, I know these goals are only her beginning.


Name it, plan it, do it. Goals.


1 comment:

  1. Very impressive for a nine year old. If she is setting goals already, the sky is the limit. We could all take a good lesson from her example.

    ReplyDelete