Friday, March 16, 2018

Day 16: New Style - Before That #SOL18

Trying out a new style of writing tonight called "Before that" thanks to the influence of a fellow slicer.

Before That...
Currently... Curled up on the couch in my favorite sweats with a blanket watching basketball on TV (love March Madness!)

Before that... Kissed four littles goodnight and tucked them in tight. 
Before that... Read four bedtime books to four PJ clad kiddos. 
Before that... Curled up with four pillows, four blankets, and four snuggly kiddos for movie night. 
Before that... It was pizza night - told you it was a family favorite! 
Before that... Bikes and playing with neighbors in the sunshine (that was still a little chilly).
Before that... Wrapping up and finishing those last emails for the day. 
Before that... Collaboration and planning with one of my coaching colleagues. 
Before that... Coaching conversations with some of my amazing colleagues. 
Before that... Enjoyed some snacks from lounge ("goodie table" day -haha). 
Before that... Visited lots of classrooms and enjoyed seeing lots of powerful learning and smiles from students 
Before that... Decided that a second cup of coffee was needed for today. 
Before that... Drove to school with the fourth little and caught a couple minutes of one of my favorite songs (win!)
Before that... Kissed three littles goodbye as they headed off to preschool and a before school club.
Before that... Made four rounds of waffles with peanut butter for hungry bellies.
Before that... Savored the goodness of each sip of my much needed cup of coffee. 
Before that... Realized in fact it was Friday, and it was time to get ready for the day. 
Before that... Had a moment where I swear it was Saturday and couldn't remember why I had set my alarm. 
Before that... The alarm sounded and out of my dream I awoke. 





3 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to reflect on your very busy day. Your littles are blessed to have a mom who demonstrates her love in so many ways in just one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you for this! I am collecting inspiration for when the lull hits. May I use it?
    Your day sounds just dreamy! I have four "littles" also. The biggest little was buying new boots tonight...not dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this format, need to try it in an upcoming slice, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete