Monday, March 5, 2018

Day 5: Everything Starts with an Idea #SOL18

Tonight, my mind is tired. My body is tired. Frankly, I am just tired.  This marks my third attempt at today's slice.  I have started and stopped idea number one. I have started and stopped idea number two. Now, here I am starting at idea number three. What makes the most sense? Sure, writing about ideas. Third time's the charm?


As writers, ideas are all around us.  Writing possibilities sometimes come out of nowhere, and other times, are right in front of our faces.  I have many writing ideas that I have started and stopped, yet they will not be forgotten.  They are just not quite ready to be fully developed...yet.  My notebooks,  notes on my iPhone, the task list on my email are full of ideas. Prior to starting this Slice of Life Challenge, I took the time to grow seed ideas. I cleared my mind, grabbed some paper, and just started writing any idea that popped into my mind. After about fifteen minutes, I stopped and reread my thoughts. Would you believe I counted over fifty different seed ideas I had written down to add as fuel to my writing this month?

Although I wish I could have written more deeply about idea one or idea two tonight, these ideas have been planted and will soon be ready to grow.  For now, I will rest my tired mind and body, and be ready to share more tomorrow. Everything, after all, starts with an idea.


4 comments:

  1. I appreciate this post so much. Today was the first day I let in that little sliver of doubt, questioning whether or not I'll be able to post something substantial for 25 more days. So happy you were able to create a list of 50 seed ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    So great that you have so many seed ideas! That means that you will have plenty to write about as the month progresses!

    "Everything, after all, starts with an idea." So true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren,
    So great that you have so many seed ideas! That means that you will have plenty to write about as the month progresses!

    "Everything, after all, starts with an idea." So true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tired makes the ideas wilt -- or hide. I'm a late night slicer by nature but get tired earlier than I used to. Not a good match. When I can, starting earlier should help. When not, it's wing it time.

    When in a bind, find a good picture. Not only will it fill page space, but the visual prompt just might kick in.

    ReplyDelete