Monday, March 26, 2018

Day 26: Reset and Recharge #SOL18

We are t-minus under 24 hours until we set off for our home away from home - otherwise known as our happy place.  We are looking forward to the salty air, sunshine, sand, and warm weather.  The kids are looking forward to endless swimming, collecting shells, building sandcastles, and pretending they are mermaids.  I am looking forward to family time, beautiful sunsets, reading, running on the beach, and enjoying the bountiful sunshine. While I will still continue my daily writing through the Slice of Life Challenge, I am taking some time to go off the grid.


We all reset and recharge in different ways, yet regardless of how we do it, it is important to be mindful of taking time when it is needed. It does not mean you always have to jet off to a beach, but rather, taking some time to do things you enjoy and will help you reset to move forward.  So while I will take today to pack seemingly endless amounts of underwear and clothes, there are also books, moments of quiet reflection, and endless memory making that await in the days ahead.

What helps YOU recharge? 

3 comments:

  1. You portray the combination of busy play (and reams of underwear!) and quiet reflective time of a true "break." Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently enjoying spring break in Florida. I recharge with thoughtful conversation with my family who I only see a few times a year. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to get away from the ordinary every day sets the recharge in motion. Hanging out for a few hours with friends for coffee or cocktails helps to recharge me. Your recharging station sounds great.

    ReplyDelete